Xprais a seamless protocol for X windows.
Click here to see how it compares to the other protocols.
Xprais open-source (available under the
Xpraserver uses the
X Windowsystem, running the
Xpraserver requires an operating system supporting
X11windowing servers, therefore it does not run on Microsoft Windows. That does not preclude you from using the client on those systems and connecting to
Xprasessions running somewhere else.
Xpra requires a virtual X11 server, you can use either:
- Xvfb: this is what is used by default as it is shipped with most distributions
- Xvfb: because of the way Xpra starts the virtual X11 server, this option requires a little bit more configuration, see this post and this ticket for more details.
- It should be possible to use
Xvncor Xephyr but this is undocumented and unsupported
FeaturesWindow Switch sessions using
Xprasupport the following features:
- Seamless mode is fully supported as this is a core feature of
- Starting, suspending and resuming of sessions is fully supported
- Full desktop mode is possible, but discouraged and disabled by default
Xpradoes not support shadowing.
Xprawith Window Switch you must use our modified version which includes improvements not available upstream, you can find it here.