Changes between Version 1 and Version 4 of Ticket #201


Ignore:
Timestamp:
06/03/12 07:24:14 (10 years ago)
Author:
Antoine Martin
Comment:

applied in r4902

(FYI: you had put the full URL to the xpra bug... which I had mistakenly changed thinking it was pointing to the same bug tracker as I was moving https URLs around.. now changed back)

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #201

    • Property Status changed from accepted to closed
    • Property Resolution changed from to fixed
  • Ticket #201 – Description

    v1 v4  
    1 In trying to get a !WinSwitch/xpra server on Ubuntu to work with a !WinSwitch/xpra client on OSX, I had to fight with xmodmap a bit (need to use Alt for Eclipse, emacs, etc.).  I found the check for running X server not to be quite right.  The following diff is for an older version of winswitch/client/client_base.py (I can't use the latest due to #92), so the lines aren't current but their content hasn't changed.
     1In trying to get a !WinSwitch/xpra server on Ubuntu to work with a !WinSwitch/xpra client on OSX, I had to fight with xmodmap a bit (need to use Alt for Eclipse, emacs, etc.).  I found the check for running X server not to be quite right.  The following diff is for an older version of winswitch/client/client_base.py (I can't use the latest due to https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/92), so the lines aren't current but their content hasn't changed.
    22
    33The first change fixes the search of lines for "org.x.startx".  In the old form, line.find returns -1 for any line without a match, triggering on the very first line ("{{{PID  Status  Label}}}").  Python documentation states a preference for "substring in string", when the position of substring in string is not needed.  If you want to insist on "{{{org.x.startx}}}" at the very end of the line, the test could be: {{{if line.endswith("org.x.startx"):}}}