- Shadow an existing display or another session
- Start sessions on remote (or local) machines using intuitive menus
- Disconnect from those sessions and re-connect when you need them again
- Send them to other machines with just one click
- Stays out of the way using a single icon in your system tray
You can see some of these features in action on the screenshots page
System Design Features
- Portable: the code should be portable to almosty any platform, from mobile phones to data centers.
- Secure: It uses strong cryptography to authenticate both the server and clients.
- ZeroConf: using mDNS, local servers are detected automatically.
- Simple Line Protocol: the protocol used to communicate between the client and server is a simple single line text protocol.
- Performance: the system can preload sessions and tunnels, which makes starting new sessions very fast.
- Flexible: the sessions are accessible from Window Switch, but also using xpra directly, any NX client or any standard VNC client.
- Integration with file managers: Windows Explorer (on Windows) and Nautilus on Linux.
To provide all these features Window Switch relies on many open source tools and technologies, listed here
- Using blueproximity or similar tools, you can get the windows to follow you around without having to
touch the computer. Window Switch will simply re-connect the windows to the computer which is nearest to you.
- Sound redirection: start playing some music on one computer, move the window to another,
and the sound will go with it.(currently disabled - rewrite in progress)